1. Megan McArdle speculate brilliantly on what factors are responsible for shitty personal finance. Universal, and a must read.
2. “Love is not enough.”
4. Eugene Volokh wins the cultural appropriation debate. Extended analysis here.
5. Why poor people buy status symbols. Speculative but interesting.
3. Noah Smith on David Graeber. “After writing a 500-page book about 5000 years of debt, David Graeber should be an expert on the topic. Yet his pronouncements on the subject are vague or seemingly contradictory…” You can find me on David Graeber here.
5. More biology vs sociology. Love the premise: “the most attractive members of each sex are the ones with the widest range of options, and therefore that their behavior more closely reflects each sex’s actual preferences”